Yahoo! is a multinational internet company which is visited by millions of viewers every month. Yahoo! offers a variety of services such as communication, news, personal information storage, advertising and multimedia. Yahoo! Music, in collaboration with Rhapsody service, aims to provide the users unlimited music in addition to the usual services the users utilize.
How Yahoo! Music and Rhapsody Works
Yahoo! Music basically provides a place to discover music and its partner Rhapsody is the one selling the music. Yahoo! Music is like a search engine which redirects you to Rhapsody when you are ready to purchase or listen to full-length songs. Songs can be accessed through Rhapsody 25, Rhapsody Unlimited, Rhapsody To Go, and Yahoo! Radio powered by CBS Radio. Music videos can also be played through the Yahoo! Music video player.
The Rhapsody 25 allows you to listen to 25 free full-length tracks every 30 days. The Unlimited and To Go Rhapsody subscriptions give you the chance to listen to the tracks for an unlimited number of times. Rhapsody can be experienced in both Mac and Windows. Since Rhapsody requires Adobe Flash Player, it leads to compatibility issues with some mobile devices such as iPod or iPad. Explore more about Rhapsody’s membership plans here. Services offered by Rhapsody are restricted to United States users only.
Other Services from Yahoo! Music
All of us have music preferences and revolve our music choices around it. Expanding your horizons in music is never a bad choice. Yahoo! Music gives you a glimpse about what’s the latest in music by their music charts, recommendations, news, and blogs. Yahoo! Music also gives you a chance to catch your favorite artists live in action by their concert listings and schedules.
- Yahoo! Music’s partnership with Rhapsody provides over 14 million songs to choose from
- Provides music information through music charts, news, concert listings, and blogs
- Rhapsody is accessible to both Windows and Mac
- If you have a Yahoo! account, Yahoo! Music is like a bonus feature to enjoy in addition to the usual services you avail.
- Registration and subscription to Rhapsody is required to download or listen to full-length songs
- Rhapsody and some Yahoo! Music features such as Yahoo! Radio are not available outside the United States
- The My Music section of Yahoo! Music is about to close on March 20 2012.
- Only available to PC users
If you already have a Yahoo! account then Yahoo! music would not be such a burden for you. It will be like enjoying music updates with the usual Yahoo! services you use. Yahoo! Music is great to use if you want to explore new music without creating another account in other sites. If you are not a Yahoo! member and looking for more free songs which you can actually download, then going directly to Rhapsody is a better idea. You should also take note that the My Music feature of Yahoo! Music is also shutting down this March 20, 2012.
Have you tried Yahoo! Music or any other sites offering music services? You are invited to post your stories, questions, comments, and suggestions below about Yahoo! Music and this review article.