Your iPod is selfish, taking songs from iTunes, but not giving any to it. It is not the iPod’s fault as there has been no known application that allows transfer of files to computers. Actually, however, there are several new applications now that allow you to transfer files from iPod to Mac. Syncing has now become a 2-way street, thanks to new applications available in the internet. Below are lists of the recommended ones and tips in choosing which one to get.
What apps can help me transfer music from iPod to Mac?
• Pod to Mac. This application lets you transfer files from iPod to Mac only, and not to Windows PC. It lets you transfer virtually any type of file from your gadgets to your Mac, including SMS, calendar, phonebook, voicemails, etc. The best part: with this, you can do iPod to Mac transfer for free!
• TuneAid. Similar to Pod to Mac, TuneAid allows transfer of files from iPod to Mac, but it also allows transfer of files to any Windows PC. The files it can transfer are songs and movies. TuneAid is very user friendly. All you need is basic computer knowledge. Furthermore, it helps you avoid duplicates when you transfer files to your computer. It also has a free trial, in case you’re not sure yet if this is the one for you.
• iRip. This application is almost the same as TuneAid, as this is compatible with both Mac and Windows. It also allows the user to transfer virtually all types of files from any iDevice, especially iPod. Formerly known as iPodRip, this newer version has several outstanding features, including its ability to fix various bugs along with other performance enhancements that make the latest version, version 2.1, better than the old one. This is not a free application and you have to pay every time you update.
Am I ready to transfer my files from my iPod to Mac?
Not quite yet. In downloading applications, you need to find the perfect match for your computer. Here are the basic things you should check in choosing your app:
1. Compatibility. When choosing an app, this the most important factor to be considered. It is as simple as this: if it is not compatible with your hardware, it won’t work. For example, TuneAid and iRip can be used on both Mac and Windows. They also work on iPod, iPad and iPhone. Pod to Mac, on the other hand, works only on MAC OSX 10.5 or any newer version, and iDevices of any generation.
2. The files the app allows to transfer. Different apps have different capabilities when it comes to transferring files. For example, some apps transfer only music and movies, while some transfer all kinds of files. Be sure to check this feature before downloading an app so that you don’t waste time and money downloading the wrong app.
3. User-friendliness. This is very subjective, depending on your computer literacy. However, it is important that you download an app that you know how to manipulate.
Now, it doesn’t matter if you are recovering from a computer crash, syncing 2 computers’ playlists, or transferring songs from a friend’s computer to yours using your iPod, it can all be done easily. Thanks to new applications such as the ones above, it is now possible to transfer files from iPod to Mac.