Android is one of the fastest up-and-coming mobile software available now in the market. It has become a fierce competitor of Apple’s iPhone when it comes to popularity. Aside from Apple, Android is taking the smart phone market by storm because of its convenience and easy usability.
To maximize your Android experience, it would be good for you to personalize your phone and fill it with all your favorite and exciting apps!
How do you do this? We will tell you later. But first, let us tell you about Android Market.
The most popular and commonly used way of storing Android apps is the Android market. It works Android’s equivalent of Apple’s AppStore. It is a place in the cyberworld where you can find all the Android apps in the world! Any program developer who has a knowledge in creating apps can make one and upload it to Android Market for everyone to enjoy! As such, the inventory of apps in the market is quite long.
Most of the apps are free, albeit some come with a price. Some may suit your taste, while some may not and will just occupy memory space. But worry not, this article will tell you how you can install and uninstall Android apps so that your smart phone will only contain your favorite programs.
How To Install Android Apps to Your Android phone
- In the Applications menu in your smart phone, open Android Market
- Once you have opened it, you will see several folders you could open depending on the app you are looking for. For instance, there are folders for Applications, Games and my Downloads. You can also search for an app directly using the search option. Search hits for your desired apps will come out, with their respective description and rating.
- At the bottom of the window is the Install option. Click on this if you want to install an app.
- The next screen will show some technicalities and functionalities that are required for your app to work. Read them and agree to the terms (if you do so). This will lead to an automatic installation of your app.
The steps are quite easy and basic right? Guess what; uninstalling an app is just as easy! Read on to see how you can remove apps that are just wasting your phone’s memory space.
How to Remove Android Apps From Your Smart Phone
- Open the Android menu
- Go to Application found under the settings folder.
- Click Manage
- A full list of all your applications will be displayed on your screen.
- Select the app that you want to uninstall.
- Click uninstall and –voila! –you have more memory space again.
There you have it, easy steps in installing or removing apps in your phone. This is a basic skill all Android smart phone users should know so that they can get only the best service from their Android phone. Of course, other means of installing an app are available. However, using Android Market is the most common and most basic way for app downloading.
Try it for yourself and see what we mean. Then let us know your experience by giving us your feedback.