The availability and access of downloading music and movies today is easy. With a lot of people to people (P2P) sharing networks and online stores, people have variety of options where to download their favorites. Two of these top sources are LimeWire and iTunes.
Let’s start by describing the two. LimeWire is a P2P sharing network that uses the Gnutella network to access files from other computers that are also connected to it. It is easy to use and most importantly, it is free. On the other hand, iTunes is an online store. Literally, it’s a store.
You get to purchase the songs, albums and movies you like over the Internet. Here’s how LimeWire is better than iTunes and why iTunes is better than LimeWire.
Pros and Cons of LimeWire
Let’s start assessing LimeWire. Here are its advantages:
- It is free. There are no credit cards of proof of purchases needed to download.
- It’s easy and fast.
- Because it is a P2P network, there are a lot of options and files to choose from.
- LimeWire is also connected to the BitTorrent protocol, which means there are many torrents available for download.
The following, however, are its cons:
- It is illegal. Music, movies, books, or anything downloaded from LimeWire do not have any authorized permission for distribution.
- Despite numerous options for downloads, some files come in viruses like Adware, Malware, and Trojan. Your computer is not completely safe from viruses.
- Not all downloads can assure you of the best quality in music or movies.
- Because the law prohibits it, there is a risk of getting caught. You have the option to pay the fine or serve time in jail.
Pros and Cons of iTunes
Now, why is iTunes better? There is only one reason. It is legal, which means it comes with the following advantages:
- All materials downloaded are copyrighted. There is an authorized permission from the record labels, film studios and publishers for distribution.
- There is a one hundred percent guarantee to each download. There are no worries and hassles about its quality.
- It is also one hundred percent free from any kinds of viruses. Your computer is completely safe.
On the other hand, it also has its disadvantages. Here are some:
- It is not free. Songs can be purchased by $0.99 each. Albums and movies vary in prices.
- It’s possible that what you are looking for is not available yet in iTunes. Producers may post their products to other online stores.
- There is no risk of getting caught and facing charges. It is completely legal.
There you have it. It is actually your choice and judgment, which is better between the two. From the pros and cons given above, you can weigh your options and prioritize the importance of each item.
What do you think? Try both LimeWire and iTunes. Check it out for yourself and share us your experience. Give us your feedbacks!