Jailbreaking iPod Touch 3.1.2 is surprisingly very easy. In fact, it won’t take an hour to do. If this isn’t enough, jailbreaking also allows you to make your device more functional, as you get to put in plenty of other features and applications.
How to Jailbreak iPod Touch 3.1.2
When it comes to jailbreaking, you can use plenty of applications or tools, but the most notorious for 3.1.2 iPod Touch is BlackRa1n RC3. Here are the steps on how to use it:
1. Download the BlackRa1n RC3. Choose whether you’re using Mac or Windows. Both operating systems are designated by their logos. The Mac software is in zipped file while that of Windows is in executable file. Whatever you pick, save the file in the desktop.
2. Install the executable file. If you’re using Mac, you need to unzip it first.
3. Attach the iPod to your PC. If you have synced it with iTunes, this Apple application will automatically open. If you have already moved all your files prior to jailbreaking, you can just close it.
4. Press the Ra1n button. Wait until your iPod Touch is in Recovery mode or until the application has done its job. You really don’t have to do anything at all. Once all the processes are done, your device will just reboot.
5. Check your Touch. You can determine if the jailbreak is a success if you can already see the application’s icon in the device’s springboard (the one with plenty of menus).
6. Confirm if you have an Internet connection. At this point, unless you have one, you cannot download anything for your jailbroken Touch. If you have one, you can then press the BlackRa1n icon.
7. Choose the installer you like by touching the Install button. It is found in the top right portion of the screen. Wait for BlackRa1n to download your selection.
8. The iPod Touch will automatically refresh its springboard so you can see the icon of your chosen package.
Top Things to Remember When You Jailbreak iPod Touch 3.1.2
• Jailbreaking isn’t considered illegal in the United States. It’s already recognized by the Copyright Office of the Library of Congress. However, it doesn’t stop Apple from penalizing you if you do that. If something happens to your device while jailbreaking, you can lose your warranty. This means you need to pay for the costly repair or worse buy a new gadget.
• You should learn to follow instructions. It doesn’t matter if you’re using BlackRa1n or not. Do not change or bypass any step if you don’t want any errors or complications.
• Don’t forget to create a backup for all your files. Save them in your iTunes before you jailbreak. If the process doesn’t end up good, you may have to restore your iPod Touch to its factory settings. It means you’ll lose everything you stored in the device.
• Download the software from their respective websites. This is how you can reduce the possibility of getting malware or even a virus.