Nowadays there is a lot of talk and rumors going around about how to jailbreak iPod Touch. If you own an iPod Touch, you have probably heard about this unconventional method of modifying your devices. Hundreds of thousands of iPod Touch and iPhone owners are doing it. Just what is iPod or iPhone jailbreak? What exactly does it do and why would you need it?
iPod Touch And iPhone Jailbreak
You will most probably want to install hundreds of iPod Touch Applications from the AppStore or from other iPod Download websites. When you unlock your iPod Touch you modify your device to get Free iPod Music not accessible from Apple’s OS.
First of all, an iPod Touch jailbreak is risk-free. It will not nullify your warranty. You can simply undo the changes in your iPod Touch anytime and revert to its original factory setting. iPhone jailbreak, however, is not unlocking it. It merely provides additional features to your iPod Touch. There are several reasons why a lot of people are resorting to jailbreaking.
iPod Touch Jailbroken Applications
After you perform an iPod Touch jailbreak, you can still use the applications you bought from the AppStore. Your iPod Games and applications will automatically re-sync when you run your device. You can still continue to buy or download from the AppStore after you jailbreak your iPod.
You will, however, lose all your iPod Music, videos, contacts and other data when you jailbreak your iPod or iPhone. You will have to re-sync your device to retrieve all your data back.
An iPod or iPhone jailbreak isn’t as hard as it appears. A lot of device owners have done it with high success rates. However, if you decide to do it, then you must do it at your own risk. If you are a control freak who wants to have full command of your device, then iPod jailbreaking is the way for you to go.
Advantages of iPod Jailbreak
- iPod Jailbreaking allows customization of the way your iPod Touch looks. It can provide customization options so you can choose from thousands of skins, themes and iPod wallpapers for your device. When you Jailbreak your iTouch, you can have video wallpapers, web content or image slide show as your background.
- iPod Jailbreaking can fix some of Apple iPhone’s bugs like mail application crashes and post-installation boot failure.
- You can use your iPod Touch to act as a modem and tether it to your PC to have access to a fast broadband connection. You can make unlimited VoIP phone calls over the Internet without incurring any charges.
- You can convert your iPod into a full-featured camcorder running at 15 fps using Cycorder or turn into a pro lensman by taking multiple pictures through Snapture.
- An iPod Touch jailbreak opens your device better and fuller disk access. It can install Installer.app which will add tons of third party iPod Application to your device.
- Jailbreaking iPTouch offers you more freedom to control your iPod system and make it work like a mini-PC. You can configure or change your subsystem or whatever you decide to do with it.
- You can transfer to another service provider by unlocking your iPhone after performing a jailbreak. Jailbreaking activates and patches system level to unlock apps.