How would you know if an iPhone is the right media device for you? You can head to the nearest Apple store and try the device out. The problem is you can’t do it for too long, or else, you’ll catch the evil glares of the staff and the annoying looks of other customers who also want to get hold of the gadget. And though Apple offers a warranty, it doesn’t really involve buying one and returning it just because it doesn’t suit your taste or expectation.
We tell you how to get your hands on an iPhone: download an emulator.
iPhone And iPod Touch Emulator: What Is It?
As its name suggests, an emulator tries to imitate the environments of the device, whether it’s an iPod Touch or an iPhone. It usually looks like the real device. The only difference is that you don’t get anything from it but play around its features.
Nevertheless, emulators can be helpful in a number of ways:
• You can already orient yourself on what the device does and how it works.
• You can also use it if you already have the iPod Touch or the iPhone. Emulators are great for testing applications, especially if they are paid ones. You can look for samples, test them in your emulators, and see if you like the features.
• Emulators can save you money, since you don’t end up paying dollars for a device you don’t really want.
• These different emulators can be utilized to create and test your own applications, see how they work in iPod Touches or iPhones.
How To Install An iPhone or An iPod Emulator
There are a lot of emulators you can download online, so the directions will definitely be based on your choice. But just to give you an idea, here are some of the common steps:
1. Download the emulator.
2. Open iTunes.
3. Open the emulator. If it’s in a zipped file, you have to unzip it first. The emulators are usually in exe form, so they are easy to install.
4. Choose Enable Sync or Sync Notification.
5. Go back to iTunes. If you have successfully synced the emulator to your iTunes, you should be able to see it under Devices.
6. Proceed to Apps on iTunes.
7. Select the app you want to play.
8. Press Sync.
9. Control-click on the iPhone emulator icon after syncing and press Eject.
10. Open the emulator and use the app.
iPhone or iPod Touch Emulator For PC: MobiOne
MobiOne is one of the most recommended iPhone emulators today. Though it costs almost a hundred dollars, it can still be worth the price for the following reasons. First, it doesn’t just allow you to play and test the app, but you can also build one. If you are not into apps, then you can create websites. It’s so easy to use you don’t have to be a programmer or an app developer to come up with one.