iPods and iPhones may come with a large amount of built-in storage, but if you’re a total music freak, then there’s never enough space for your ever-growing song collection. That’s why it’s a good thing there’s SugarSync to help you out.
What is SugarSync?
It’s similar to Dropbox and iCloud, which are other services that let you synchronize and backup your files through multiple devices. However, SugarSync offers a whopping five gigabytes of storage for free once you sign up for an account, an amount that’s only matched by Box, yet another competitor. However, if even that 5GB isn’t enough, you can choose to get an upgrade that will give you up to 100GB for just $14.99 a month.
How Does It Work?
You must first install the SugarSync manager on the computer that contains your music files. Once the installation is complete, just choose the folders that you wish to synchronize and save them to the cloud for easy access anytime. After you have set up the application successfully on your PC or your Mac, then you can start transfering your content.
Accessing your files remotely through a device such as an iPhone or an iPod is a breeze. In fact, you would not only be able to play music directly from the cloud, but you would also be able to send or share your files with anyone, anywhere! Better yet, when you make any changes to a file offline — for instance, if you decide to rename or delete an mp3 — the changes will be synced to your mobile gadget the next time you go online.
Summing It Up
So, basically, here’s what you’re going to get when you sign up for a SugarSync account:
1) You can organize and sync your files across different computers whether you’re using a Mac or a PC.
2) You can back up your documents in your own personal 5GB cloud storage that other services are hard put to match.
3) You can browse and access your stuff through mobile devices such as an iPhone, an iPod or an iPad.
4) You can get top-quality security and protection to keep your data safe from hackers and viruses.
5) You can store various media files such as audios, photos, and videos then share them easily with family and friends.
6) You can enjoy a hassle-free way of streaming media content to your mobile devices.
7) You can access and edit your files remotely from any computer.
Though SugarSync certainly offers a lot of sweet benefits, it has stiff competition from similar services provided by Box, Carbonite, Dropbox, iCloud and Mozy. However, it has a clear edge over these companies because its features are more comprehensive and well-rounded compared to others. For this reason, lots of users prefer it over the rest and you should definitely consider SugarSync if you’re on the lookout for a great cloud storage and streaming service.
Have you tried it for yourself? If you have, then tell us about it since we’d love to hear about your experiences with SugarSync.