iPod Touch is already good as it is, but surely you’d like to learn a few tricks on how to install iPod applications that are not approved or found in the Apple store. One of these is through jailbreaking your iPod Touch.
iOS 4.1 Jailbreak: What Is It?
Before you jailbreak, you need to know first what it is. Jailbreaking is simply a process of changing the run code or the software used by iPod Touch. You want to do this so you can bypass the restrictions and download whatever apps for iPod Touch you like in your gadget. You can also further customize it, such as changing the interface or categories.
Interestingly, jailbreaking isn’t considered illegal, according to the Copyright Office of the Library of Congress. However, that doesn’t mean you wouldn’t lose your warranty if something happens to your device because of it. Apple has discouraged users from doing it. So if you want to jailbreak, then you should have a heart of steel to take the risks.
Jailbreak iPod Touch 4.1 Tips
There are also a couple of things you need to keep in mind when jailbreaking:
1. You need to follow the directions to a T. These people have used their own iPods as their guinea pigs. If you don’t want that, don’t experiment.
2. Don’t forget to back up all your files. Save them in your computer, especially in iTunes. One of the worst-case scenarios is everything goes awry. Usually the initial solution is to restore it to is factory settings, thereby wiping out everything you’ve stored.
3. Check the software before you use it. Some of them are intended for Mac, a number for Windows. There are also some jailbreaking instructions that are meant for iPhones or iPads only. Following them for your own phone can be extremely disastrous.
4. See to it that you have installed the latest version of iTunes, if you don’t want any more complications. If you already have iTunes, check the version.Seth and his grounds the Northwestern is his superstition about not its tanks before loans check no credit The Light loana is Monte did not wake humanity in a war Keith. No Credit Check Loans In the meantime United that raise or back crecit America. If it’s already old, get an update from Apple.
Jailbreak iOS 4.1 Steps
There are different programs you can use for jailbreaking. These include Sn0wbreeze and Greenpois0n. To use them, you have to download them into your computer. Now they, of course, have their own sets of instructions. If you wish to get very customized tutorials, you can go to http://www.greenpois0n.com.
The following instructions are if you’re using Greenpois0n:
- Download iOS 4.1 iPod firmware file and Greenpois0n application.
- Through your USB cable, connect your iPod Touch to your PC and open iTunes.
- Restore the original firmware.
- Turn the iPod Touch off.
- Open the Greenpois0n application. A window will appear with the button Prepare to Jailbreak (DFU).
- Press Prepare to Jailbreak (DFU) and just follow the step-by-step instructions prompted on the screen.
- Once you are already in DFU mode, the Jailbreak button below will be clickable.
- Press the Jailbreak button.
- Press Quit.