You already know the drill. To protect your iPod Touch from evil people, you set up a passcode that hopefully only you know about. Setting it up is extremely easy. Besides, you only need 4 digits to do it.
But here’s the problem. You can actually forget your passcode. When that happens, your iPod Touch will be completely useless. Even your iTunes will not be able to recognize your device. You need to know then how to unlock it.
Here are the steps to unlock your iPod Touch:
1. Turn on your iPod Touch. You should see 4 missing boxes in your screen. That means you’re prompted to enter your passcode. Since you don’t know anymore, just leave it as is first.
2. Plug your gadget into your PC. If you have synced it with your iTunes, iTunes then should immediately open. Of course, it wouldn’t be able to open your device since it will demand a password. Just close the iTunes. Don’t unplug your iPod Touch.
3. Hold the buttons for Sleep/Wake and Home simultaneously for around around 25 seconds or until the gadget resets itself. You’ll know it because you’ll see the logos of the USB plug and iTunes in your iPod screen.
4. Open your iTunes. The screen will then inform you that you are currently in recovery mode.
5. Press OK.
6. Click Restore. Wait until it has completed restoring your iPod Touch before you unplug it. Don’t do anything too while it’s still in process.
7. Once it’s over, you can then remove the device.
The process you just did is called restoring. It means you’re reverting back to the factory settings of the iPod Touch. You’re going to lose all your media files because of this. That’s why it’s essential that you don’t delete your library in iTunes. You should learn too how to download and store files without deleting your previously stored songs and movies.
You may also have to install the latest version of iTunes. This way, you don’t experience any error or glitch as you restore your gadget.
Unlock iPod: Important Tips
Though it’s essential you protect your gadget, you should also be responsible on how you do it to avoid trouble. For one, don’t create passcodes that are too hard to remember. Make them very significant for you, perhaps the birthday of your spouse or best friend. The digits may also be your top 4 favorite lotto numbers. Be creative but make sure you can remember them.
Further, be aware that there’s a difference between unlocking and iPhone and an iPod Touch. Though both are treated like siblings, they are still different from each other. When you want to unlock an iPhone, it could mean you want to make your phone more open to other carriers. It’s not something you can do with your iPod Touch.
Unlock iPod Touch: Getting Tips Elsewhere
You may come across with some other tips on how to unlock your iPod Touch. Be careful. If you’re in doubt, you can follow the steps above or you can contact Apple. You can even bring your device to any authorized Apple dealer within your area.