If you need to transfer your Angry Birds data from any of your iOS devices to your Mac or to sync your game across all your iOS devices, you may choose from either of the 2 methods shown below.
One method is by using iExplorer. It used to be called iPhone Explorer but has since been renamed for obvious reasons. This software is free, and essentially lets you use your iPhone or iPad as if they were just ordinary flash drives.
To do your Angry Bird transfers, just follow a few simple steps
1. Connect source iOS device to your Mac
2. Navigate to Apps > Angry Birds > Documents via iExplorer
3. In your Mac, create folder “Angry Birds Data” or something like that
4. Drag the following files from Apps > Angry Birds > Documents to your new folder:
5. Remove the source iOS device and replace it with the target iOS device
6. Drag the same 5 files from your Mac to the target iOS device and you’re done.
A second method is by using PhoneView from Ecamm Network. It is not free but it does have a few more features under its belt. It will set you back about $20.00. Like iExplorer, PhoneView will essentially treat your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch as regular flash drives to take from or add files to. For transferring Angry Birds data, just follow the steps below:
- Connect the source iPad to your Mac (the one which contains the game data you want to transfer). This will cause PhoneView to launch automatically.
- On PhoneView’s Data window, select Apps.
- Enable the Show All Apps option.
- Select Angry Birds > Documents.
- Select the highscores.lua file and drag it to your Mac’s Desktop.
- Unplug the source iPad and replace it with the target iPad.
- Enable the Show All Apps option again.
- Go to Angry Birds > Documents and drag into it the highscores.lua file that you just placed on your Desktop. Done.
If you have transferred your Angry Birds progress game to any of your iOS devices or to your Mac using any other method, please tell us how you went about it and if you encountered any problems.