It is very important to know how to reset your iPod Shuffle following a freeze. Do not attempt to reset your iPod Shuffle when connected to the computer and it is displaying the following messages:
1. The message reads connected.
2. The message reads ‘sync in progress’ please read.
3. The message reads do not disconnect.
Do not reset your iPod Shuffle from within iTunes instead eject your iPod from iTunes.
• In order to reset iPod Shuffle, press and hold the sleep button and the volume button simultaneously for about eight seconds. The Apple logo should appear for you at this point. If the Apple logo does not appear, please repeat the step.
• When connecting the iPod to your computer instead of using a power adopter, make sure that your computer is turned on and will not go into the sleep mode. This procedure should reset iPod Shuffle.
• When you find the above step does not work then you will need to connect the iPod to a power adapter plugged into an electrical outlet. This will help you to reset iPod Shuffle.
How To Reset iPod Shuffle with Click Wheel
You may need to reset iPod with a Click Wheel when it is frozen, and will not turn on. This happens because your iPod is paused or the HOLD switch is in lock position. You will be able to recognize this problem because the lock symbol appears on the screen.
The following steps will reset iPod Shuffle:
• In order to reset iPod Shuffle, properly toggles the HOLD switch on and off.
• At this point, press and hold the MENU and CENTER buttons at the same time until the logo appears from Apple. Do this step for eight seconds in order to reset your iPod Shuffle. If it does not work the first time then repeat the step.
• When you find that you are having a problem with your iPod reset procedure then you should set the iPod on a tabletop that provides you a flat surface. Check to make sure that you are not touching any part of the click wheel when you are pressing the select button. The menu button needs pressed outside of the Click Wheel instead of by the center point.
The above steps should reset iPod Shuffle in about six to eight seconds. When problems are still happening then connect your iPod Shuffle to an electrical outlet or try the iPod shuffle reset by connecting to your computer.
How to reset iPod Touch with a Touch wheel or iPod Shuffle with a scroll wheel.
Follow these steps:
• Start by switching the HOLD switch on and off, that is sliding it to HOLD, then turn it off again.
• Then you need to hold the Menu button and the Play buttons at the same time until you see the logo appear from Apple. This only takes about six seconds to work. This step may need repeated several times in order to work.
• The next step is to plug your iPod into an electrical outlet or your computer in order to reset iPod Shuffle if the above step does not work after a couple of attempts on your part.