Imagine this: You just left your iPod on standby for a few hours. When you came back, you could no longer access the touch screen. Simply put, it’s completely frozen. Even if you like to think that you have an invincible device, your iPod Touch is still prone to technical glitches, including freezing or crashing.
Reset iPod: Is It Difficult?
Perhaps one of the best things about iPod Touch is that it’s not that difficult to fix, particularly if it freezes. All you have to do is to reset it. Resetting is simply restarting or rebooting your device.
Many are confused, though, between resetting and restoring. They are two different things. When you restore your iPod Touch, you revert it to its factory settings. It’s like getting a brand-new device for yourself. In the process, everything you stored in your device is completely wiped out. There’s no exception. That’s why you need to back up all your files first before you reset iPod Touch. This is not the case when resetting.
There are actually two ways on how to reset your iPod Touch
If your screen is not frozen:
All you have to do is to press the Sleep/Wake button located at the top portion of the device. Hold it until the red slider appears. Once it does, you can then slide it across using your fingers. This will then turn the iPod off.
Subsequently, you turn the iPod Touch on by pressing the Sleep/Wake button and holding it until you can see the Apple logo on the screen.
If your screen is frozen, follow these steps:
1. Press the Sleep/Wake button.
2. Also press the Home button.
3. Hold them together for around 10 seconds.
4. Wait for the Apple logo to appear.
That’s how simple it is! Reset iPod.
Now it’s not all the time that you get the results you want. You may have to repeat the steps over and over a couple of times before they work.
Resseting iPod Notes
1. Always make sure that you have the updated software and iTunes program in your PC. One of the reasons why your device suddenly freezes is it cannot perform certain functions properly because of lack of updates. You can receive these updates for free. Once you attach the device to your PC and there are new updates, your phone’s software is instantly upgraded. If not, there are manual steps on how to upgrade your firmware.
2. Check if there are separate instructions for jailbroken iPod Touch. Jailbreaking means bypassing the operating system and other inherent structures of the device. Because there are significant changes made, the steps to reset may not work with your jailbroken iPod Touch.
3. Bring your device to an after-sales center. If you have tried resetting and if didn’t work, the next step is usually to restore your device. If it still didn’t bring the Touch’s function back to normal, perhaps it’s time to let an expert take a look at it. Perhaps the problem is more serious than you think.