What makes iPod Touch even more exciting is the fact that there are free applications that you can download. What’s more, they are not just your ordinary apps. A lot of them come highly recommended. You would even find them among the top lists of several gadget enthusiasts.
How To Get Free Apps On iPod Touch: Notes
Before we tell you how you can download these apps, know first certain things:
1. Make sure you’re getting the iPod Touch apps. Apple Store, specifically iTunes, has thousands upon thousands of applications. However, not all of them can be downloaded and used in iPod Touch. Some are exclusive to iPhone or iPad users only. You’ll know if they are compatible with iPod Touch by looking into the Requirements section of the application page.
2. Check that it’s free. Majority of the iPod applications are not for free (though many are still cheap, no more than a dollar). Some may also have free-trial versions. This means the apps use will be good for only a couple of days or weeks. After that, you need to buy them if you want to continue using these applications.
To ensure you’re getting the free ones, see to it that the application page says it’s free. It’s not a free trial, and it doesn’t come with a price.
3. Download your iTunes. Though you can download iPod apps directly to your iPod Touch, it’s more advisable if you can get iTunes and use it to obtain your applications. You can use it as an application manager. You also need iTunes when you want to download and store songs, podcasts, audio books, movies, and other media files.
4. Be careful if you want to jailbreak. Jailbreak refers to the process of modifying certain components and functions of the device so you can install third-party applications, those that are not commonly offered for iPod Touch. You can find a variety of tips online, but if you are clumsy, you may end up damaging your device and voiding your warranty.
How To Put Apps On iPod Touch
There are different ways on how you can get your free apps for iPod Touch. The fastest and easiest will be through your gadget. You can use the Genius icon, so you can get recommendations of apps. From the list you can now download the app that you want. But for you to do this, you need to have a wireless Internet connection such as WiFi.
We already told you that you can also obtain the free apps from iTunes. For the directions, look below:
1. Download your iTunes. Make sure you’re getting the newest version to avoid complications and errors later on.
2. Go to Preferences. You need this to set up your iTunes to download applications straight from the Apple Store.
3. Under Show, choose Applications by checking the empty box beside it.
4. Check the Check for Updates Automatically. This way, you will always receive the latest application updates.
5. Click OK.
6. If you have followed the previous steps correctly, you will be able to see Applications under the Library Section. Click Applications.
7. Click Get More Applications found on the bottom part of the screen to start populating this section with apps.
8. Choose the Applications you like to download. On the left side, you’ll find All iPod Touch Applications and All Free Applications category. Either of the two will do.
9. Choose Get App to start downloading the free application.
You’re successful if you can see the application icon on the previously empty page. To transfer the app, you simply need to connect your iPod Touch to your PC for syncing.