The Sony PSP does not only bring out the gamer in you but the music and movie lover as well. Aside from the adrenaline you get from playing different PSP games, you can also relax and enjoy by listening to music and watching your favorite movies anytime and anywhere.
Here is a step by step tutorial on getting and transferring music and movies from your computer to your PSP.
Getting And Copying Music For Your PSP
Step 1: Get music
- There are several websites that offer tracks or albums on the web. Just make sure that the track is in MP3 format since PSP only supports MP3 files.
- You can use converter programs to convert non-MP3 files.
Step 2: Connect your PSP to your Computer
- Connect your PSP to your computer through your USB cable and press your PSP “home” button.
- Search for “Settings” on your PSP, then search for “USB Connection”
- Press the “x” button.
- The new device will then show up as a new hard drive on “Computer” with a letter identifier.
Step 3: Transferring Music
- On the “Computer”, select the new hard drive and create a new folder and label it as “PSP”.
- Open the new folder and create another folder and label it as “Music”. This will be the new music folder.
- Start transferring your MP3 files from your computer to that new music folder.
- Disconnect your PSP
Step 4: Playing Your Music
- Start listening to music on your PSP by navigating to “Music” on your PSP
- Find “Memory Stick” then press “x”
- You will now see all the music files you have copied
Getting and Copying Movies for your PSP
Your Sony PSP does not recognize MPEG-4 video files unless the file name starts with M4V followed by any five numbers and ending in .MP4. A thumbnail file which is a .THM file usually comes along with the movie file.
Step 1: Get movies from the internet or from your DVDs
- You can get movies from websites or from a DVD
- You need to convert the movies to a .MP4 file using PSP video converters such as AVS Video Converter.
- Prepare your video files and try to follow the format M4V + 5 numbers + .MP4 (for example M4V10001.MP4, M4V10002.MP4, and so on) when naming MPEG-4 video files.
Step 2: Connect your PSP to your computer and follow step 2a above.
Step 3: Transfer videos to your PSP
- Once the new device is recognized on your computer, click the new hard drive created.
- Create a new folder in the root directory of the Memory Stick folder and label it as “Video”.
- Transfer your videos to this new folder .
- Disconnect your Sony PSP
Step 4: Watching your videos
- Start watching the videos on your PSP by navigating to “Video” on your PSP
- Select “Memory Stick” then press “x”
- Choose the video you want to watch and press “x” again.
Please take into consideration your memory stick’s capacity in transferring files especially MP4 movie files since they are usually huge, about 800MB to 1GB. So there you have it, just follow these easy steps and you will be carrying your music and movies with you through your PSP in no time.
Were you able to download and transfer music and video files to your PSP? Give us your feedbacks by posting your questions, comments, and suggestions below.