One of the great things about iPod Touch is you can watch movies—and get this, you can have them completely for free. Now wouldn’t it be such a nice way to while away time when you’re on board the subway or riding a car? All you need to know is how to download and save them in your iPod Touch.
Pretty easy, though.
Download Movies to iPod Touch
Here’s a caveat: you cannot store any kind of movie directly to your iPod Touch. There are requirements that you need to meet. For instance, the video format should be MP4, MOV, and M4V. The size should never go beyond 640 by 480 and the frame rate is up to 30fps only. The audio should be ACC and should be not be over 48kHz or 160kbps.
What do you do then if your videos don’t meet these criteria? You can actually convert them. The good news is you’ll find dozens of converters online. You simply need to rip the contents of your DVD and choose your desired conversion. Majority of these converters are ultra friendly, so you’ll be able to do these even with no technical know-how.
You can also get your free movies from online. You just need to download them into your PC, and you’re done. You’ll know that they are for iPod Touch since the requirements will be provided by the video owner.
But you need to be careful. Not all these sites are really good or even legitimate. They may also contain malware or virus that could cause a huge and irreparable damage to your device. Since you’re getting it someplace else besides Apple, your warranty may automatically be void.
It does help a great deal if you read reviews first before you download any kind of software or movie into your PC.
Add Movies to iPod Touch
Let’s suppose that you have already ripped and converted the video files to the accepted formats. You’re now ready to move them to your iPod Touch. Here are the steps:
1. Download iTunes. You cannot do anything unless you have this. Go to http://www.apple.com/itunes/ and click on the Download iTunes button (it’s the one in blue color).
2. Open your iTunes.
3. To start importing your videos to iTunes library, click File then Add File to Library.
4. Trace the path or the location of the video files. You can also drag and drop them.
5. Connect your iPod Touch to your PC. To do this, you need a USB connecting cable.
6. Look for the Devices column and find iPod Touch. If it’s not there, then there may be something wrong with the connection of your device. Check the cable again.
7. If you find it, click on the drop-down menu to reveal Movies option. Click on it.
8. Choose Sync Movies then All Movies.
9. Press Sync.
You can also choose which videos you wish to add.
By syncing the video option, you can now automatically add and delete videos through your iTunes.