Music lover’s interests are aroused when new gadgets are unveiled and they would love to try them out. This is not always possible because some don’t have the money to buy the iPod Touch but still maintain the passion for music.
These people who can’t afford to buy a new iPod have the option of purchasing a refurbished iPod for sale. With people offering their iPod Touch for sale, it is no longer an issue to find a good deal. These ensure that you enjoy music even with reduced budgets.
On the whole, this sounds like an ideal situation but you need to consider some factors before buying a refurbished iPod Touch or nano.
Things we need to look out for with a refurbished iPod.
1. Battery life- iPods have a battery that is not replaceable easily. So you need to find out how old the refurbished iPod is. Anything above 1 year would require a new battery. Ask the sales agent if he is willing to replace. Some repair shops can also replace the battery if they have them.
2. Screen- take a good look at the screen of the iPod Touch. Scratches will be apparent if the previous user hadn’t stored it in an iPod pouch. These scratches hinder the user especially when watching videos or searching the internet. They also affect the Touch screen capability to work promptly.
3. Capacity- make sure to check on the current storage space on the iPod. You may find that storage space has been diminished by the previous user or the storage capacity is not of your requirement. Storage capacities range from 10GB up to 160 GB giving you an idea of how much storage is available.
4. Price- it costs money to get an iPod Touch refurbished and this adds to the price at which it is sold. They range $50-$70 below the market price but you need to consider if the iPod is really worth this price.
5. Warranty- unlike the past when we shivered at hearing that an electronic gadget had gone in for repair and would be problematic from then on, today with expertise skill, it is safe to say that repair shops have gone a long way to prove themselves worth of maintaining an iPod nano refurbished by them. They usually offer warranties for products serviced or repaired by them, make sure the store offers you a warranty on the item being bought.
With these points clear to you now, it is up to you to make the decision of which refurbished iPod you want to buy. Considering these few points could mean the difference of making an investment or spending on a liability. There are also many online e-shops that specialize offering iPod nano refurbished versions. Avoid e-shopping since you will not have the opportunity to check on the above factors before purchase. When buying a refurbished iPod consider visiting sellers in your city so you can deal and check the iPods one by one before spending your hard earned money.